Skip to main content

Equate Reviving Anti Wrinkle & Firming Moisturizer

Ok so this product is not new to me and I have had it for about 6 months. I can honestly tell you it's a good moisturizer. If your someone like me who has very very dry eyelids than you will probably be in the market for an eye cream. The thing is high end and mid range eye creams can be expensive even in the cheapest store. Previously I was using Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair but it's 55$, so I decided to look for cheap alternatives. 



While in WalMart I noticed they had a brand called Equate and basically this is WalMart's beauty brand. The advertisement said to compare the Equate eye cream to the Loreal Regenerist eye cream, which I have tried and liked but found it wasn't as smooth as I would like. The Equate cream is very much like the Loreal cream except its so much smoother it feels so good and absorbs fairly well into the skin. I've tried it with serums and putting it ontop of a heavier moisturizer and that's where it doesn't work so well. Ontop of a serum or primer it absorbs into the skin around my eye and immediately makes my eyes feel softer. But when I add heavier moisturizers (as I said my skin is so so dry) it tends to sit on top, when I put it under it absorbs well and I can layer another moisturizer but my serums don't absorbs as easily. 



Over all I think this is a great product for the price and I will purchase it again, the hydrating quality is about 50% of what the Estée Lauder cream was so it's no where near as luxurious or fulfilling but if you find you need your 50$ to be spent somewhere more practical than on an eye cream, the Equate brand is not such a bad deal. I wish it had the properties of the Regenerist because as a firming and anti aging product I don't see any changes but as a basic eye cream that de-puffs baggy eyes it's fine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Estee Lauder Gilded Rose Set

Bought these a while ago but I am just posting these as a review. These are a set of eyeshadows and marbleized shimmer powder. The eyeshadows come gilded but the gold is not incorporated into the shadows. These are satin colors one light baby pink, a magenta pink, a peachy tan pink, and the fourth is a tawny rose color. Super close to matte powders and a little disappointing because the "rose gold" overlay comes right off with one swipe. The colors are very nice though even if the overlay goes away. The marble shimmer powder feels good on my skin but as I have some tan left on my skin the rose blends a little bit too much. So a fair skin or yellowed skin will really benefit from the color in the marble if you want to use it as a blush. Otherwise the shimmer looks good as a general highlight. I did not buy both at the same time I got them from my local CCO for around 16.00 a piece. Compared to retail Estee Lauder prices this is very cheap. I wished there was a rose gold match

Customz - Pastel MLP

GWC Customz  - Pastel MLP (Feb 2020) View this post on Instagram A post shared by glitter_witch_crafts (@gwc_customz) The story: I bought a customizable MLP ( My Little Pony ) Figurine. It was affordable and had an interesting design. The Process: I painted it with a series of pastel colors, I made sure to blend them together in layers. Layering paints is the best method for making gradients or Ombre` effects IMO. After I was happy with the gradients I went in with special effects paints and coated the points of interest with glitter and matte sparkles.  Outcome : I was really happy with how this project came out most of my time was spent blending and building up color payoff. I do use craft paints and student grade acrylics which can be very transparent at times. Using a translucent paint does mean that painting a project can take a longer time than using heavy body paints that are thinned out. For me I am used to the process of mixing the thinned paint and I
OOAK Custom MH: Demon Hunter Frankie View this post on Instagram A post shared by glitter_witch_crafts (@gwc_customz) GWC - Custom Frankie Stein MH The story:  I wanted to make a custom doll design based on a drawing I found on Pinterest. If you want to see my inspiration boards please click here for my Pinterest account .  The Process:  I began this project with designing sketches in my notebook. I keep very small and quick drawings. I do this to work out the direction that my building strategies will take. Building the parts of the custom is the fun (IMO) and the most difficult part. Some people focus on face and hair but my intent with creating custom dolls is to make a figurine that matches my taste and interests.  Outcome : I think this build is one of the best I have ever done. The concept from start to finish went fluidly and I did not run into any problems. When I am developing a design I choose to make a project outline a